Day 7: Write a letter to yourself telling you what you need to improve in the coming 6 months.
So, you want to be a writer? And a succesful one? Then you need to change some things! I’m giving you 6 months to get better at the following issues. Remember, this is for you and your career.
* You need to actually write! You will not be an author without first being a writer, and you will not be a writer without writing! This is your teenage dream! All the doors are open, so what are you waiting for?
* Take time every day to write a little every day. This has been said over and over again, and it does not have to be 2,000 words. Just write. Something. Incoherent, unusable, it does not matter. Write!
* Believe in it. You do have what it takes, so why are you having doubts about it?
* So, you struck gold once. Tell you what: You can do it again. And you will do it again. And you are going to do even better. It was beginners luck.
* Set a goal. Say, you will write a first draft for a 15,000 word piece. What are you waiting for?
* Oh, and go read that book!
Pick up the pace. Do it. Now.